There is so much to do in San Diego and when you only have a weekend to do it all, it can be overwhelming! We’ve taken the top 5 must-dos of San Diego and made a bucket list for your next visit.
Eat a California Burrito
With so many delicious restaurant options in San Diego, it’s easy to have a go-to. But if you’re in the mood to try something new, opt for a night of Mexican eats and try a California Burrito. This jumbo burrito, filled with carne asada, guacamole, pico de gallo, cheese and French fries, is wrapped in a flour tortilla and pairs nicely with some salsa. If you ask the locals, the quality of Cal-Mex restaurants are measured by their California burrito.
If you’re looking for something a little lighter, take a chance on a fish taco – you won’t be disappointed! To top off your night, go for an horchata, a sweet rice milk drink with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla.
Here are our favorite Mexican spots closest to the resort:
- Juanita’s Taco Shop – for casual dining – Encinitas
- Kotija Jr. Taco Shop – for casual dining – Del Mar
- En Fuego Cantina & Grill – for a sit down experience – Del Mar
- Casa Sol y Mar – for a sit down experience – San Diego
Grab a Craft Beer
San Diego is full of local craft breweries along with some mainstream favorites. Whether you like hoppy beer, light brews or citrusy ciders, there is bound to be a drink for you. If you’re opting out of a drink, most have delicious appetizers and some even have a family friendly ambiance. Take a day and visit some of these favorite spots.
- Viewpoint Brewing Company –industrial-chic brewery and dining – Del Mar
- Culture Brewing Company – tasting room – Solana Beach
- Pizza Port – family friendly – Solana Beach
Watch the Sunset on the Pacific
Sunsets are beautiful wherever you are, but are especially beautiful when you’re at our beach front resort! Elevate your experience by going to these local favorite spots. Some require a hike, others a quick walk from the resort.
- Torrey Pines
- Sunset Cliffs
- Powerhouse Park
Farmers Market Finds
We are lucky because there are countless farmers markets throughout San Diego County. You never know what you’ll find or what you’ll be inspired by when you walk through these street fairs. Bring back some locally caught fish or fresh picked fruits and veggies to your own kitchen for a home cooked meal. Or, be inspired to find handmade goods you can share with friends and family.
- Del Mar Farmers Market – every Saturday from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Solana Beach Farmers Market – every Sunday from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Ride the Coaster
Sometimes, when we’re on vacation, the last thing we want to do is drive. Try taking the coaster up/down the coast to some of these popular destinations. With the train close by the resort and at an affordable cost, it’s easy to get the whole family to adventure to a new spot for the day.
Be sure to check the Coaster website for the latest schedule.
- Catch a Padres Game in Downtown San Diego during baseball season
- Head to Old Town San Diego for a night of historical exploration and fun eats
- Enjoy a night in the Gaslamp Quarters in Downtown San Diego
Enjoy these activities and more when you stay at Villa L’Auberge! Simply book online or call (877)351-3855.